Coming up with content ideas for social media and blogs during this COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis isn’t always an easy task. Brands want to keep content flowing and stay top-of-mind and make a sale or two if at all possible. But, what can we write about that consumers are interested in? Well, thanks to Google we know what searches are trending, so we can base our content on what people are searching. Your company’s Google Analytics account will tell you what your top blogs are, and this helps craft future content as well.
The Denim Marketing team created this list of more than 50 content ideas for social media and blogs. We hope it gives you some ideas.
- Home is the new coffee shop – how to set up a coffee station at home
- Home school – defining a space for learning
- Home office – setting this up and tips for connectivity and productivity
- Home movie theater – creating a great space for family movies
- Energy saving tips with everyone at home
- Home technology – what is included in your home to make working and school easier
- Healthy homes – drop zones for street clothes and shoes, places to wash hands, etc.
- Healthy homes – materials that are bacteria resistant, easy to clean, etc.
- Family game night – how flex space is perfect for this
- How to make your current home healthier – UV filtration, etc.
- Search for “can you freeze” and “home delivery” are trending, along with “do it yourself”
- Spring Cleaning
- Home organization
- Appliance Cleaning Tips
- Home projects – renovation, additions, etc.
Things to Do
- Suggest game nights or ideas for things to do. Searches are up for puzzles, relaxation and virtual tours.
- Explore the great outdoors (in your yard) with your kids – dig for worms, chase butterflies, collect fireflies
- Find a new hobby
- Learn something – knit, language
- Top movies or shows to binge
- How to keep pets from going crazy when parks are closed
- Gardening – Victory Gardens, container gardens, patio gardens, community gardens
- Create a mailbox garden
- Curb appeal for spring
Virtual, Video & Technology
- #withme – this is trending on Google, #cookwithme #gardenwithme #sewwithme
- Tour us from the comfort of your own home – Virtual Tours, matterport tours of homes, communities, etc.
- Videos – see our homes, communities, etc.
- Host a virtual happy hour or virtual birthday
- Host a virtual wine tasting or virtual flower bouquet making (flowers from your yard, or course)
- Promote unassisted access to your homes – NterNow
Mortgage & Finances
- Historically low interest rates
- Creative financing – rate locks and construction to perm loans
- Search interest in things like mortgage rate suspension is trending
- Mark it off your list – do you taxes
- Debt consolidation options (credit cards, student loans) to better position yourself for bigger purchases (home/car)
- Ways to save money – auto insurance discounts
- Tips on budgeting for a new home
- Historically low new home supply
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Giving back – stories on what you are doing to support the community
- Give back – highlight your community service
- Thank essential workers
- Tips for Avoiding Feeling Cooped Up at Home
- Stress release/meditation tips
- Creating a stress free zone/ emotional corner
- Establishing work/life balance when there is lots of work to do
Contests, Promotions and Other Fun
- Hold a contest – best porch decorations, decorate a virtual home plan
- Create virtual challenges to bring out competitors, ask them to tag your company. Best patio garden, best decorated front porch, most organized home school area
- Host ask me anything sessions and live stream them – best interior design tips
- Create infographics, charts and graphs
- Indoor workouts – working out at home when you don’t have a fitness room
- Outdoor workout supplies (safety and otherwise)
- Sources for virtual workouts
- Highlight Vendor partnerships
- Showcase Employees and their jobs
- Company History, Faced challenges and made it through
- Design center – feature offerings and pairings
- Give knowledge away for free – consider a white paper
- Share what you are doing to take care of your employees
What ideas can you add to this list of content ideas for social media and blogging during the coronavirus crisis? Please add them in the comments and we will keep adding to this list. If you need help with coronavirus messaging or content, contact us. We’d love to work with you.
Curios about what life is going to be like after the coronavirus? Read our blog, “The New Normal: Flashback to Mayberry.”